Thursday, January 20, 2000

The Sweet By & By

One day I awoke,
To the sound of a trumpet,
And looked toward my window,
The light was blinding,
It illuminated the room.

I ran outside,
And tried to see,
Where the light came from,
Then I saw Jesus on a cloud,
Surrounded by angels,
He said, “Come”.

His voice,
Was like the raging sea,
I closed my eyes,
For it was so bright,
My eyes had begun to hurt.

When I opened my eyes,
I saw a line of people,
That reached beyond comprehension.

I finally was at the front,
And I saw an Angel,
In his hand was the book of life,
The Angel asked my name,
As I told the Angel,
The book was opened,
He started flipping through the pages,
As the Angels fingers slid up and down the pages,
Looking for my name,
I had a peace, 
For I knew my name was there,
The Angel looked at me,
Strait in the eyes,
And proclaimed, “Go, For the Son knows you as his own”,
While pointing towards two gates of pure gold.

As I walked in,
I felt something wonderful,
It was the presence of God,
The presence of ultimate purity,
And ultimate holiness,

The I noticed that this place was full of light,
But where did it come from,
I looked,
But no source was found,
Light came and went everywhere,
There was no darkness,
There were no shadows.

I looked and saw a choir of Angels singing,
And also thousands and thousands of people,
Worshiping God,
I saw 24 elders,
Laying down their crowns of life,
That they had earned on Earth,
And give it to God,
And everyone sang
Holy, Holy, Holy!

Later something happened,
We all started to move,
We were going back to Earth,
But sin was no more there,
So finally we could once again,
Dwell with God there.

I begin to remember,
All those who did not except him, 
I remembered all those 
Who had been thrown into the eternal,
Pit of hell.

I began to sop,
And weep,
I also noticed others,
Were soon doing the same thing,

Then I felt a hand on my shoulder,
As I turned I saw his face,
The face of God,

He looked at me,
And said,
“All your worries and all your cares,
All your pain and tears,
Just let them go,
There is nothing more you can do.”

He then drew his arms up,
And gave me a hug,
And a kiss on my cheek,
But at that instance all the pain,
And all the sorrow were gone,
The tears disappeared,
And I found ultimate peace.

I watched God, 
As he went from person to person,
I watched each of their sorrows turn into joy,
I watch the Father comforting his children,
I saw springs of water begin to flow,
And trees of precious fruit grow.

I then began to sing,
I just wanted God to know,
How much He meant,
I wanted to tell Him how thankful,
That I was.

Once I started singing,
I could not stop,
I wanted to keep worshiping Him,
Then I heard others singing,
And then Angels began to sing,
But no one moved,
Everyone worshiped God,
Separately and differently,
But all in unison.

-By: Daniel Brockhan

No comments:

Post a Comment