Wednesday, January 12, 2000

Struggle

How many times do I get the urge to please You,
But please myself is all I do,
Putting me before You.
I say I’ll put You first but then do my own delight.
I want to give,
I want to change,
But my flesh has me stop and stay the way I am.
My sin seems to control me,
But all I want and need is You!
I yearn to see You in the end,
See You shinning like the sun.
You in all Your Glory, but I should praise You for Your Goodness now!
I should praise Your Glory now and not wait.
I seem to be wasting time here,
I am not praising You as I should.
I do not see You goodness all the time. 
I use the excuses and life of others to pull me down,
But it is up to me,
It’s a relationship between You and me. I feel burden.
I feel a struggle between flesh and spirit,
God and Satan,
Heaven and the World.
How will this struggle turn out?
How will I end?
Will I return to what I do,
Or change and leave the old life behind?
I was once so close to You and had all the answers.
Now I seem distant from You and have all the questions.
I ask but do not change,
Seek but not learn,
Yearn for You but I do not have Joy.
What’s the question?
What’s the answer?
You tell me to worship You and I’ll find the every answer,
But what if I cannot find the time?
What if I do other things?
God,
Help me to find the way.
I want to be closer to you.
My Savior,
My Friend.


-By: Daniel Brockhan

No comments:

Post a Comment