Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Where This Journey Goes

Where this Journey goes,
Where it leads,
I do not know.

For all the plans I try to make,
People I meet,
So much uncertainty.

Who will come into my life?
Who will I meet that will stay?
Who will I meet that will go away?

Only time will tell.

Will I be who I am?
How much will I change?
How much will I stay the same?

Will I become more at peace?
More confused?
Or somewhere in-between?

What new challenges will I face?
Where will I be in the future?
A Spouse? Have Kids? A Family?

What books will I read?
What new stories will I tell?
Will my laugh still be the same?

Will I ever see a clear path?
Will I mature enough to let things be?
Can I leave such worries in Your out-stretched hands?

Will my faith grow to move mountains?
Will I mature in ways I cannot comprehend?
Will I overcome many of my fleshly ways?

Will I stand up for myself?
Will I stand up for others?
Will I learn to live... and not to be afraid?

Why not start right now?

Where this Journey goes,
Where it leads,
Still for now I do not know.

But not knowing means faith,
Not knowing means trust,
Not knowing means growth.

And in Your arms Lord,
I think I'll be ok.

~ Daniel Brockhan

No comments:

Post a Comment