Friday, January 21, 2000

In Return

A God of love,
A God of grace,
A child of You we all are,
If we return to the cross.

In return,
We give You nothing,
How hallow headed we are,
You show Your grace,
We take your gift,
And say it is all ours.

You tell us to go,
But we stay just the same,
Even believers don’t have enough faith,
To go and share God’s name.

The joy Your servants,
Had so long ago,
Is no longer there,
When You save a life,
Hardly no one cares.

You give us eternal life,
And we use it for our own.
We think,
We are In.
That’s all that matters,
But there is more.
You give us your word,
And we read it as if it were fiction.

The Bible is a letter,
Past down thousands of years,
From God to us.

You give us Your love,
And showed it,
WhenYour Son,
Jesus Christ died on the cross,
For my sins.

You give us Your grace,

By loving us,
Even when we mess up.

You give us Your friendship,
Everyday,
We can tell you anything,
We can share joy,
And share pain,
And You will wrap,
Your arms around us,
And tell us how much You love us,
As the tears come down,
So will Yours,
Because You care so much.

In return we give You nothing,
But in The Return,
Of Your Son,
You give us everything,
Even beyond,
Our wildest imagination.

When the time comes for God,
And Jesus Christ to take me home,
And I go into Heaven.
I hope I have given the Lord,
Some things in return for my love,
My  praise,
People in Christ,
And most of all,
To give my life,
Just as Jesus did.

After all,
We are supposed to follow,
Christ Example!

-By: Daniel Brockhan

No comments:

Post a Comment