Monday, December 23, 2002

These Ways

These ways,
These things going on in my life,
My mind,
Going crazy,
Trying to discern Your Will from mine.

My mind,
Lost in worldly vices,
Worldly thought,
Must be cause I feel myself far from You.

Your Will,
You Way,
Is what I want,
Is what I seek,
Or at least that’s what I say.

Memories of the past, the last times I let You down, times I played around but also remembering those times I stuck around, my feet firm on the ground.

At those times, in those ways I was not moved, could not be moved for You held me firm, it was You who gave me strength.

These way,
These days I feel myself being broken,
My Will falling down,
You Will coming up,
Rising above as I seek You,
As I begin to see You, see myself.

A ministry I thought was true now vaguely seems Your Will, a girl, a young lady of God I thought to date, saying she didn’t feel the same, when I thought it was You. Perhaps it was, perhaps it all was a lesson, something to learn, something to teach.

These ways forcing me to be less of me,
And more of You.
To know my God,
That it’s not about my wants,
Or what I feel I need,
But what You tell me I need,
What You tell me to do.

To rip my Will from Yours and throw it away.
To give up self,
All of me,
Everything for One,
The Son, who bled,
Who took on sin for me.

That is these ways, each and every day, not my Will, but They Will be done. That You would break me and build me up stronger after this, that I would shine, be a light of Your goodness, Your Holiness. That others would see You in me, flowing through me. Not so that I may gain fame, or acclaim, but that Your glory would be shown, and known. That Your ways would truly be on earth as it is in heaven, so that they may know you, the One True God, the only One who can help humanity from itself, who can fill the void that exists, who can give us life better than this.

If we will only admit,
Commit,
Only understand, reach out our hands,
Trust in You,
The Lord,
The One and Only God,
Who holds,
Who is and will be the Truth!

-By: Daniel Brockhan

No comments:

Post a Comment