Sunday, December 1, 2002

My One And Only

My One and Only I have not made You,
My self I try to push away, I struggle to put to death.

What is Your will?
What is mine?

How do I know if I am doing Your Will,
When I know my eyes are blinded by my flesh.

I yearn to know You more,
To be Your vessel,
To let you speak through me,
But I know for that to be that I must let go,
I must lay myself down,
I must break down myself,
My wants,
My desires,
All the things I long for,
All the things I long to be are nothing without You.

I could have a high paying job,
The most beautiful girl,
The most popular friends,
I could gain the respect of millions,
I could gain all the laughter,
All the fun,
Yet without You it is nothing,
Life is empty.

As much as I struggle and hurt,
To do Your Will,
I know I cannot return,
I cannot deny who You are and who I am.

My place is under You,
Under Your direction.

You long for me to be a godly man,
A holy man,
Yet not for my glory but for Yours.

For as much as I long for the things of life,
I stop myself because they are my ideas,
they are my plans.

I am tired of doing things my way,
My way never helps me,
You know that,
But Your way never fails me.

Whether Your way causes me blessings,
Or a struggle,
It is far better than my own…

-By: Daniel Brockhan

No comments:

Post a Comment