Tuesday, October 15, 2002

Scribbles of Faith

Fall 02 – Scribbles of Faith in History Class
I can’t stop thinking about You and Your goodness.
I try to concentrate but find my mind is consumed by You.
I try to think of my studies but thoughts of You consume my mind.
I just want to soak You up.
Lord give me the urge to let You out.

Let me take all this inside of me,
This consuming desire to be shown in my life,
Let me speak Your name.

Help me Lord for I yearn to gain knowledge but only to use it through Your Spirit.
I desire more and more of You.
I desire others to have more and more of you.
I want others to understand.
I want others to see, to feel you as I do.
I want others to understand how sweet you truly are.

That the things here are temporary,
But that you alone are forever,
That You alone are never changing.

I want others to have a true intimate relationship with You.
Give me the strength to stand up when I am called.
Give me the strength to be bold when Your Spirit moves me.

The world almost seems a haze,
It seems that so many seek to have a comfortable God,
A God that is thee but no true relationship exits.

If they only knew.
If could only get a glimpse,
Of what it is to be close to You.

If it could be…
Oh, I wonder what could happen.

-By: Daniel Brockhan

No comments:

Post a Comment