Wednesday, January 1, 2003

Questions

Where is my Joy? Where is my Peace? Where is my love that flows from You? Where are my wants? Where are my needs? Where are my desires? Are they connected to a passion for myself or a passion for You Lord? Why am I here? Who am I and who do you want me to become? Who is my friend and who do I have to lay aside? Who can help me through all these troubles in life but You Lord? Who can take a person like me and transform my piece by piece? Who but You can shine Your Light through me, so that a fallen humanity, so that fellow friends may be exhorted, corrected, rebuked, and fellowship-ed with? Who above all is faithful? Who but You Lord? Who but You?

For when I am weary, You are there! For when I am laughing, You are there. Whether or not I acknowledge Your presence at any time, in any place, You are there Lord. When I lift my eyes, heart, or hands in worship Your are there. When I deny Your name or deny the conviction of Your Spirit, You are There. When I have all the answers, You are there to give me questions. When I have all the questions, You are my answer. You keep me sane in a world that is drastically different from me or that I am called to be drastically different from.

Am I different Lord? Do people see Your Light in me, through me, or do they just see another good person? For none is good but God, for I am not good unless I am letting Your Light shine through, unless I am letting Your Holy Spirit take control. What work do you have for me Lord? What do you want from me Lord?

For find myself wanting to serve but have no idea where. For I want to stand up, I want to be different but have not the clue of where to go next. It seems as if the doors are closing.

What should I do next? Where should I do form here, from this point in my life? What relationship for me is next? Who are you preparing for me? Who are You preparing me for? Who will be my friend through this life in sickness or health, in life until we die, so help me God? Who is going to be with me after these few years Lord? Who is going to be there through my griefs and fears, through tears and joy, happiness and hope? Who is going to help me glorify You with our life’s no matter what may come? Who I ask Lord? Who?

The answer comes of course that I do not know, right now, I honestly don’t know, but I do know that You are faithful, that You will provide. There are so many things in life that go on. Things to deal with in the past, things to do in the present, and to be ready to follow the road into the future that I see Your Light, that I see You paving as I faithfully begin to walk on the new, the shaky seeming ground. For I know in my heart that You will reveal the answers to me as You see fit.

-By: Daniel Brockhan

No comments:

Post a Comment