Thursday, February 24, 2000

Think

I was lost,
Then he found me’
He forgave me of my sins,
And came into my soul,
His spirit dwelt within me,
I did not know what it was,
Until it tugged at my heart one day.

It told me what to do,
And yet I turned away,
It told me how to live,
But I lived my own way,
It told me who I’d be,
Still I denied it was true.

Then one day,
For no reason,
A spark flew,
And a fire began to burn,
A candle was not needed,
Cause this fire wasn’t going to stop,
The fire grew bigger,
The fire was the joy’
And of understanding.

I began to listen to the spirit,
That dwelt within me,
I began to understand so much,
That I was to blind to see before,
The Lord then spoke to me,
Like the blowing of the wind,
I do not know how,
But I knew He was there,
I knew it was His voice,
And I knew what I had to do.

I had to give more to him,
I had to do his will and not mine,
I had to give up my wants and needs for his.

Now I fell that the spirit of the Lord,
Is in me,
Helping me to lead,

Worship,
In preaching,
And in prayer.

Now the Lord,
Is using me,
My cup is overflowing, 
With the love and joy,
That He shows me.

I’ll never be the person I was,
But be the person I am know,
The one God wants me to be,
One who works by God’s will,
And not his own! 

-By: Daniel Brockhan

No comments:

Post a Comment