Wednesday, February 2, 2000

The Second: Why Do I?

I get up and turn the alarm clock off,
There's silence and darkness before I turn on the light.
I click on the TV and see the news.
There's been another murder or someone's missing,
They seem to pretty it up,
But there's no mistaking that there's a problem.
Why do we sin,
Why do I choose to turn away from the God,
Who sent his son to die.
Why do I turn away from the only love,
And light that's really left in the world.
I don't choose God first like I should!

I go to my school and see faces. I see faces that look happy, 
But are hiding something. I see faces that are angry, 
But are hiding real pain and tears.
I see people who don’t know God and wonder.
Why they wonder they seem to have no need to seek Him out.
They consider God and Jesus, but don't really care.
Why do I, why do we not open up?
And tell people the truth.

I sometimes lay in my bed and sit,
Why silence and light fills my room,
Thinking how could a God with so much, 
Love something so insignificant as me.
I think in amazement how he sent his son to die for me.
I started singing praises or praying because of the love,
That's in my heart. I began to really feel God speaking to me,
Telling me things I must do.

And that's when the true test comes.
We might be able not to be tempted to sin,
But if God tells us to do something and we don't,
Then we have let Satan win and he has us in the palm of his hand.
But…
If we follow what He says,
That grip of Satan has on us, is broken,
And God's arms wrap around us,
And protect us from Satan's wrath and evil plans.

Who has a hold on you?


-By: Daniel Brockhan

No comments:

Post a Comment