Saturday, February 28, 2009

Hello Beautiful


Hello Beautiful,

I have never met you... and if I have, I have no idea as of yet. You are on the fringes of my thoughts throughout my day at times, but definitely on the fringes of my life. I pray for you from time to time, someone I do not even know yet, someone I wonder if I will ever meet. I see you sometimes in my strength and other times in my weakness. When I see couples happily together the thought of you crosses my mind. I should be pessimistic by now, and sometimes I am; however, I look forward to meeting you someday, someday in the future, near or far, when we finally cross paths someway-someday.

I continually lay down all my preconceived notions, knowing that preconceived notions hinder our growth and place limits on possibilities, on the way things could go. Some people do not believe in meeting that one person, they think it is a random occurrence, a demographic probability that somehow sways into the positive direction at some point in life. I do not see love being put into an equation but I do see love as something that has a living, breathing passion, formed by the actions of two becoming eventually one.

I sit and ponder what it would be like in the darkness of night or the early rays of the morning to have another person beside me, not just physically but emotionally and spiritually. I wonder what it would be like to be connected to another individual for the rest of my life, married to someone. That someone is you... whoever you are. I continue to pray, confident that God will place you in my life and I in yours in some manner and some time. Maybe it is a romantic idea, one that seems based off movies or books. I have no qualms about the possibility of it being something grand and great but also real and down-to-earth.

If you knew how long I wanted someone to be myself with, to open up my tears and my dorky idiosyncrasies. Someone I can be playful and serious with, someone who I could challenge and who could challenge me back on multiple levels. To be accepted for who I am and accept another, with all their beauty and with all their flaws, to find perfection and commitment in that between the two of us.

So, I pray for you... I wait for you still, for while I have this hidden and chained passion only waiting to be let loose, I must always first keep my focus on Christ, on glorifying Him most in my life... and I only hope and pray you are doing the same.

Until Then,
~ Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment