Tuesday, March 4, 2003

My Will And Testament

In The Midst,
Among the people,
I hear Your Call.

God I feel so alone,
So surrounded,
So many people,
But do they listen.

The only one who listened,
Now gone,
Perhaps now just a memory.

I am now silenced Lord,
For now I feel,
That’s how it should be.

For there is a time to speak,
As well a time to be silent,
A time to let go,
And a time to hold back,
A time to know direction,
As well as a time to seek it.

There is a time to yell,
But also a time to be quiet,
A time to stand and dance,
Yet a time to fall prostrate.

God,
Could this be a new beginning?
I believe it is,
Could this be a new dawn?
A new day,
A new chapter in my life,
I believe it is.

What people don’t see,
What has been kept hidden,
Soon to be revealed,
Soon the veil will be lifted,
Soon people will see me for who I am,
For who I am in You,
For who You have made me.

Now,
At this moment I feel alone,
I know I should not,
But I do,
For what I tell,
What I say,
Seems far from what I do,
The struggles inside sway,
Back and forth,
Repetition,
Complaining,
And suffering seem my name.

I assumed true friends,
But care seems far from them.
For in their struggles,
They gladly ask my help and are well,
But when I am in turmoil,
It seems no ear is truly given,
Only You know the deepest things of my soul,
For You know my heart,
You understand my struggles more than they,
More than anyone could.

I know I am not alone,
I know that You are truly with me,
I am determined to stand,
Even if,
Even when no one else does,
That I will proclaim Your name,
Even if I must do it alone,
Even if all fail me You are there.

My friends bring me happiness,
But You are my Joy.

What others do not see in me,
You see in me,
What others do not see in me,
You have revealed,
And are preparing me for.

All things will happen in Your Time,
When You choose to make it so,
For such a time as this,
As for me and my household,
We will serve the Lord,
As for me I will worship You,
In Spirit and Truth,
You will be my Vine,
And I will be Your Branch,
You are my Bread,
You are my Rock,
You are my infinite source of wisdom,
Flowing for all time,
With the water of everlasting life,
You are my Word,
My source,
My Beginning and my End,
My Alpha and Omega.

For in You,
And in You alone do I find my treasure,
Like a bee,
I find my sweet honey in your home.
Like a child,
I find warmth and comfort,
In the arms of my Father,
I find true Love in Your embrace,
And in You alone,
Do I find true,
Ultimate,
Unchanging Love.

Shall I keep silent?
Shall I not speak?
For how long shall my mouth be shut?
How long Lord,
How long.

I wait,
I yearn for the day You touch,
You anoint my lips,
My mouth to preach Your Word,

The day in which the entrapment,
Now sealed,
Will be opened,
And the your Word pourith forth.

Not my Will in this,
But Your will in all things be done.
Not for my sake,
Not for my edification,
But Lord for You,
For Your glory.

Clash me Lord,
Break me,
Cause me suffering Lord,
I plead Lord,
I need to be broken,
For I am selfish,
I am concerned with me,
I need to be concerned of You.

What I count,
What I deem important is not,
But only what Thee deems due,
Only Thy Will is important,
Only Your Will should ever be on my mind,
Should be on my lips.

Why should it all be for You?
Why do You deserve all the Glory?

When I lay alone,
When I wiggled and cried in my Flesh,
When I cried in my sin,
It was You and no other who saved me,
You took me into your ever-loving arms,
You adopted me,
Saving me from the damnation I faced,
Ripping me from Satan’s grasp,
That grasp once so strong,
But now my eyes see,
He was so weak,

But You Lord are strong,
As I am weak,
Where I am weak,
You are strong,
You will be my strength.

I was lost,
I was dying,
So many years ago,
And yet I was saved,
Am saved,
And will be saved.

For no matter what may come,
For trials,
For tribulation,
For persecution,
They do not separate me from You,
For You have defeated them.
For You have a purpose,
You have an ultimate plan,
Which is far better than my own.

I want to be part of You plan,
I want to be used,
I want to be willing.

Lord,
I will be a part,
I will be useful,
And I will be willing.
For You reign above all,
For You Alone,
Alone,
Alone,
Are worthy.

Holy,
Holy,
Holy is the Lord Almighty,
Who was,
And is,
And is to come!

-By: Daniel Brockhan

No comments:

Post a Comment