Thursday, February 13, 2003

Calling

I feel there is something in me,
I cannot express,
Something so drastically different,
From who I have been and am right now. 

It is a vision,
A picture of who I am,
And You are calling me to be. 

More than anytime in my life I seek You,
I seek to know the direction of Your Will.

The obstacles in front of me seem so many,
Seem to stop me in my tracks,
And throw me back into who I used to be.

I’m so tired of struggling,
So tired of pushing.

For every time I come to You,
Whether in worship,
Prayer,
Church,
Or my quiet time I feel this calling,
This urging.

I am so sick and tired of struggling between my flesh and spirit;
I’m so tired of being scared to let You have control.

You have showed me,
In visions,
In my minds eye,
Your Holy Spirit speaking through me,
Flowing through me.

Where would You have me serve?

Make my heart open and not hardened towards You Lord.
I love You so much,
And am finding myself,
Less convinced with the issue of being scared,
And more concerned with following You.

People need You Lord,
People need a wake up call in their life,
They need a call to action.

One Call to Action,
Such as I have found,
That consumes them with thoughts of pleasing You,
Of doing Your Will to bring glory to Your name.

My heart yearns to know You more and more,
To make You known,
To see Your Spirit take hold,
To transform others,
That they would become Your children,
And You would truly be their Father,
Their Light,
Their Redeemer.

-By: Daniel Brockhan

No comments:

Post a Comment