Wednesday, July 17, 2002

My Soul Yearns

My soul yearns,
For more of you,
The goodness that You bring to my life,
No other can bring,
Or could ever bring.

The things of this earth,
Disappear,
As my love for You strengthens,
The things of this earth,
Seem dull,
When compared to the glory of your presence.

I am forced to be here,
No,
Gifted to be here,
To share Your Name,
To bring You glory.

As I am in this place,
This world,
Which I no longer feel apart of.

I want Your touch,
I need Your touch.

No other gives the Love You give,
No other gives the Life You give,
No other saves the way You save,
You did it for me,
For all humanity,

I yearn for more of You,
The one who loved us so much,
That Christ would take on all those sins,
That Christ would die on the cross.

I yearn for a touch from You,
The One who gave me a way,
A way I couldn’t pave on my own.

A way that gave hope,
When no hope was found,

A way that gave peace and joy,
While Christ took out sin and shame.

I yearn for more of You,
My God,
My Creator,
My Savior,
And my Lord!

-By: Daniel Brockhan

No comments:

Post a Comment